RAID Reconstructor V4.40
for Windows - English (2.45MB)
Recover Data from a broken RAID Level 5 or 0 Array
File Size: 2.45 MB
Price: $99 USD (30-day trial) - Buy Now
Free Updates: Lifetime updates for licensed users.
System Requirements: Pentium processor 32 MB RAM. Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. Disk controller card capable of handling all the drives in your RAID individually, and storage space for holding the reconstructed RAID.
Trial Limitation: You will be able to determine if RAID Reconstructor can reconstruct your array before you need to purchase a license. The demo version does not allow for any type of output. If RAID Reconstructor is unable to determine the parameters due to file system damage, a proprietary order, or any other number of reasons, you should use our RaidProbe service.
Runtime's RAID Reconstructor will help you recover data from broken:
- RAID Level 5 Array consisting of 3 to 14 drives
- RAID Level 0 Array (Striping) consisting of 2 to 14 drives
Even if you do not know the RAID parameters, such as start sector, drive order, block size and direction of rotation, RAID Reconstructor will analyze your drives and determine the correct values. You will then be able to create a copy of the reconstructed RAID in a virtual image (.vim), an image file (.img) or on a physical drive.
Unlike other products that require you to know the RAID parameters, RAID Reconstructor is not only a "destriper" but an "analyzer" as well. It finds the unknown parameters for you.
Once you created an image you can either mount it with Captain Nemo or use it for further data recovery processing with Runtime's GetDataBack. If you create the image on another physical drive, you can process it with Captain Nemo or GetDataBack too or you might even be able to directly boot from it.
Watch these screenshots on how you recover your files using RAID Reconstructor together with Captain Nemo.
NEW: If you want to recover a broken NAS RAID, you might be interested in our new all-in-one NAS Data Recovery software.
NEW: If you want to recover a broken Windows RAID, you might be interested in our new all-in-one RAID Recovery for Windows software.
RAID Reconstructor is safe and read-only.
It will not try to "fix" your RAID. It will merely create a copy of your RAID at another location. It will collect sector by sector from each single drive involved and write these sectors in the correct order to the designated destination. This process is also called "de-striping".
Because one drive is redundant in RAID 5, it is sufficient to have one less than the original number of drives (N) in the array. RAID Reconstructor can recalculate the original data from the N-1 drives. For a RAID-0 (striped) array you will need all drives.
The RAID Reconstructor will recover both, hardware and software RAIDs. It will recover from broken Windows Dynamic Disk sets.
RAID Reconstructor contains many tools you will appreciate once you need to recover data.
- Create images of individual drives.
- Entropy report. See where the most dense data is.
- MFT report. Investigate disk areas around the MFT
- File system report. Find file system structures for NTFS, EXT, XFS
- XOR test. See if your set is xor-ed.
- Create an XOR.VIM from the existing drives in order to investigate a missing drive.
- RAID calculator. Convert a global sector number to a local drive and sector number, and back. Show mapping charts about the relation between the global RAID space and the individual RAID member drives. Supports RAID-0, RAID-5, RAID-6, delayed RAID-5 (HP-SmartArray).
- Scripting. Based on the PASCAL programming language, scripts allow you to access your drives and process them with all the elements available in a higher programming language.
RaidProbe - Let us find the correct RAID parameters for you!
Free lifetime updates
RAID Reconstructor comes with free updates for the lifetime of the software. Other than with competitors who require you to buy a new version every year, our first RAID Reconstructor customers are still enjoying the newest versions of our software!
Learn more about using RAID Reconstructor. Watch our YouTube tutorials:
Read our written documents:
- Our article about Running RAID Reconstructor.
- The official RAID Reconstructor's documentation. It also contains 5 case studies.
- Screenshots on how you recover your files using RAID Reconstructor together with Captain Nemo.
- The RAID Reconstructor FAQ
Other RAID recovery software
No working Windows?
Data Recovery Service
You don't want to do it yourself? Let us recover your data...